No pithy words of wisdom today from the Head of School but I do want to touch on some housekeeping details that should make things easier.
Pick-up and drop-off are always hot topics around this time of year and I promise that as we get past the first couple of weeks, all things relax and traffic flow improves. That being said, let me offer a couple of tips that may help us out.
- When dropping off children in multiple divisions, use the circle and drop off all students in front of Old Slack. They can walk to the appropriate building from there and you, the driver, can proceed as quickly as possible, limiting traffic congestion.
- Drop your Middle School students off in the circle in front of Old Slack so you do not have to drive by lower school drop-off traffic in the left lane.
- The campus speed limit is 13 mph.
- Be very careful making left-hand turns out of the front entrance or head to the back entrance for your left turns.
- All Upper School pick-ups and drop-offs should enter and exit through the back gate.
And hottest of all topics, is tonight’s football game against Roanoke Catholic. It is at Vinyard Park, their home field, and it would be nice to have a huge crowd there to support our team. Game time is 7:00, but be early and dress in white. Go Raiders!